Est. 55 years, providing the personal touch
TEL. 01227 462977
CALL 01227 462977

Road Tax Exemption

The way you get your free vehicle tax has changed

This page tells you how to tax your vehicle in the free disabled class. You can only tax one vehicle in disabled class at any one time.

About the vehicle

The vehicle must be used only for your needs – the person with the illness or disability.  The vehicle must be used only for your direct benefit.

Different rules apply to the Blue Badge Scheme.  Find out more on Blue Badge eligibility.

Who can claim?

The 100% exemption is only for people on Higher Rate DLA Mobility Component,War Pensioners Mobility Supplement, Enhanced Mobility PIP.  Those in receipt of Standard Rate Mobility PIP are entitled to a 50% discount.

The vehicle must be only used for the benefit of the person with exemption.
The vehicle doesn’t have to belong to the person.
The vehicle’s registered keeper should claim the exemption.
The vehicle’s registered keeper could be:

You – the person with the illness or disability, or
Someone else who uses their vehicle only for your needs

The entitlement certificate

You need to obtain a certificate of entitlement to DLA (or PIP) in order to apply for the exemption, this should be sent through automatically. If you don’t have one you can request one by calling:

DLA (Disability Living Allowance) helpline

Telephone: 0800 121 4600


Contact DVLA On:  0300 790 6802

We love to buy & sell used wheelchair cars. Part Exchange Available.
Canterbury showroom with keen prices -or- I can come to you!

Contact us